Disclosure is a 1994 American erotic thriller film directed by Barry Levinson, starring Michael Douglas and Demi Moore. It is based on Michael Crichton’s novel of the same name. The cast also includes Donald Sutherland, Rosemary Forsyth and Dennis Miller. The film is a combination thriller and slight mystery in an office setting within the computer industry in the mid-1990s.
The main focus of the story, from which the film and book take their titles, is the issue of sexual harassment and its power structure. The film received mixed reviews from critics but was a box office success grossing $214 million against its $50 million budget.
- Starring : Michael Douglas / Demi Moore
- Genre : Drama / Thriller
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Barry Levinson
- Production : Warner Bros. / Baltimore Pictures / Constant c Productions
- Distributor : Warner Bros. / Warner Home Video / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / RTL Television / Veronica Television / Iris / Argentina Video Home
Disclosure release date
- November 28, 1994 : USA (Westwood, California) (premiere)
- December 9, 1994 : USA
- January 5, 1995 : Germany
- January 12, 1995 : Australia
- January 27, 1995 : Spain
- January 27, 1995 : Sweden
- February 8, 1995 : France
- February 22, 1995 : Philippines
- February 25, 1995 : Japan
- March 3, 1995 : UK
- March 10, 1995 : Ireland
- Michael Douglas as Tom Sanders
- Demi Moore as Meredith Johnson
- Donald Sutherland as Bob Garvin
- Caroline Goodall as Susan Hendler
- Roma Maffia as Catherine Alvarez
- Dylan Baker as Philip Blackburn
- Rosemary Forsyth as Stephanie Kaplan
- Dennis Miller as Mark Lewyn
- Suzie Plakson as Mary Anne Hunter
- Nicholas Sadler as Don Cherry
- Jacqueline Kim as Cindy Chang
- Joe Urla as John Conley Jr
- Michael Chieffo as Stephen Chase
- Joseph Attanasio as Furillo
- Faryn Einhorn as Eliza Sanders
Bob Garvin, a technology company founder, plans to retire when his company, Digicom, merges with a larger company. Production line manager Tom Sanders expects to be promoted to run the CD-ROM division. Instead, Meredith Johnson, a former girlfriend of Tom’s, is promoted to the post. Meredith calls Tom into her office to discuss some operations, then sexually forces herself onto him. He initially reciprocates, then rebuffs her. Meredith, angry, screams a threat for spurning her.
The next day, Meredith has filed a sexual harassment complaint against Tom with legal counsel Philip Blackburn. To save the merger from a scandal, DigiCom officials demand that Tom accept reassignment to another location. Otherwise, he will lose his stock options in the new company. His career will be ruined, however, as the other location is scheduled for sale after the merger, leaving Tom jobless. Tom receives an anonymous e-mail from “A Friend” that directs him to Seattle attorney Catherine Alvarez, who specializes in sexual harassment cases. Tom decides to sue DigiCom, alleging that it was Meredith who harassed him. The initial mediation goes badly for Tom as a tearful Meredith blames him.
Also, check these topics out: Who won The Masked Singer 2019, The Talented Mr. Ripley movie, Carmilla release date, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote, The Firm movie, Marvel movies in order by release date, Genius trailer, Valley of the Gods movie, 2020 Oscars. Disclosure (1994 movie) Michael Douglas, Demi Moore. Disclosure movie 1994 trailer, cast Michael Douglas, Demi Moore.