Renaissance Man is a 1994 American comedy film directed by Penny Marshall, and stars Danny DeVito, Gregory Hines, James Remar and Cliff Robertson. In Australia, the film is known under the title of Army Intelligence.
- Starring : Danny DeVito / Gregory Hines
- Genre : Comedy / Drama
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Penny Marshall
- Production : Cinergi Pictures Entertainment / Parkway Productions / Touchstone Pictures
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures / Roadshow Films / Touchstone Home Video / Laurenfilm / RCV Film Distribution / Toho-Towa / UGC Distribution / Abril Vídeo / Home Box Office (HBO) / LA7 / Roadshow Entertainment Video / Universum Film (UFA) / Warner Home Video
Renaissance Man movie
Renaissance Man release date
- June 3, 1994 : USA
- July 15, 1994 : UK
- August 4, 1994 : Australia
- September 3, 1994 : France
- September 8, 1994 : Germany
- January 13, 1995 : Spain
- January 20, 1995 : Sweden
- January 28, 1995 : Japan
Renaissance Man cast
- Danny DeVito as Bill Rago
- Gregory Hines as Sergeant Cass
- James Remar as Captain Tom Murdoch
- Ed Begley Jr. as Jack Markin
- Lillo Brancato as Pvt. Donnie Benitez (as Lillo Brancato Jr.)
- Stacey Dash as Pvt. Miranda Myers
- Kadeem Hardison as Pvt. Jamaal Montgomery
- Richard T. Jones as Pvt. Jackson Leroy
- Khalil Kain as Pvt. Roosevelt Nathaniel Hobbs
- Peter Simmons as Pvt. Brian Davis, Jr.
- Gregory Sporleder as Pvt. Melvin (as Greg Sporleder)
- Mark Wahlberg as Pvt. Tommy Lee Haywood
- Cliff Robertson as Colonel James
- Ben Wright as Private Oswald
- Ann Cusack as Bill’s Secretary
Bill Rago (Danny DeVito) is a divorced advertising executive down on his luck. When he loses his job in Detroit, the unemployment agency finds him a temporary job: teaching basic literacy classes at a nearby U.S. Army training base, Fort McClane.
Initially unenthusiastic, Rago finds that he has only six weeks to teach a group of undereducated soldiers the basics of comprehension and use of English language. Most of the soldiers are only semi-literate and equally unenthusiastic.
Unable to connect with his pupils and desperate to spark their interest, Rago quotes from his favorite play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. They are unfamiliar with it (or even the concept of a “play”) and a small initial spark of interest is generated. He casts each student as a character in a classroom reading, then takes everyone on a field trip across the Blue Water Bridge to Stratford, Ontario Canada, to a live performance by Shakespearean actors. He introduces them to Shakespeare’s Henry V as well.
Also, check these topics out: Nessa and Cathal audition The Voice Kids UK 2020, 2020 Oscars, Ruby M audition The Voice Kids UK 2020, Wynonna Earp Season 4 Episode 3 trailer, Who won The Masked Singer 2019, Marvel movies in order by release date, The Scorpion King movie, Arthur movie, Kids Choice Awards 2020 vote. Renaissance Man (1994 movie) Danny DeVito. Renaissance Man movie 1994 trailer, cast Danny DeVito, Gregory Hines.