Deadpool is a 2016 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. Distributed by 20th Century Fox, it is the eighth film in the X-Men film series and the first standalone Deadpool film.
Directed by Tim Miller from a screenplay by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the film stars Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool alongside Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein, T. J. Miller, Gina Carano and Brianna Hildebrand. In the film, Wilson—as the antihero Deadpool—hunts down the man who gave him mutant abilities and caused his scarred physical appearance.
- Starring : Ryan Reynolds / Morena Baccarin / Ed Skrein
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Comedy / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Tim Miller
- Production : Twentieth Century Fox / Marvel Entertainment / Kinberg Genre / Donners’ Company / TSG Entertainment
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox Argentina / 20th Century Fox / Big Picture 2 Films / Odeon / SF Film Finland / Sena / Twentieth Century Fox C.I.S. / Twentieth Century Fox / Warner Bros. F.E. / Warner Bros. / Westec Media Limited / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / FX Network / Film1 / Fox-Paramount Home Entertainment / Hispano Foxfilms S.A.E. / Hotstar / KVH Media Group / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment / Veronica
Deadpool release date
- February 8, 2016 : France (Paris) (premiere)
- February 10, 2016 : France
- February 10, 2016 : UK
- February 10, 2016 : Ireland
- February 10, 2016 : Philippines
- February 11, 2016 : Australia
- February 11, 2016 : Germany
- February 11, 2016 : Israel
- February 11, 2016 : Singapore
- February 12, 2016 : Canada
- February 12, 2016 : India
- February 12, 2016 : Sweden
- February 12, 2016 : USA
- February 19, 2016 : Spain
- June 1, 2016 : Japan
- Ryan Reynolds as Wade / Deadpool
- Karan Soni as Dopinder
- Ed Skrein as Ajax
- Michael Benyaer as Warlord
- Stefan Kapicic as Colossus(voice)
- Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead
- Style Dayne as Jeremy (Pizza Guy)
- Kyle Cassie as Gavin Merchant
- Taylor Hickson as Meghan Orlovsky
- Ayzee as Teen Girl #1
- Naika Toussaint as Teen Girl #2
- Randal Reeder as Buck
- T.J. Miller as Weasel
- Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as Boothe
- Morena Baccarin as Vanessa
Development of a Deadpool film starring Reynolds began in February 2004, before he went on to play the character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine in 2009. Reese and Wernick were hired for a spinoff in 2010. They worked with Reynolds to adapt the character more faithfully (including his fourth wall breaking) after the portrayal in Wolverine was criticized for not doing so. Miller was hired in 2011 marking his directorial debut. An enthusiastic response to leaked test footage he created with Reynolds led to a green-light from Fox in 2014. Additional casting began in early 2015, and filming took place in Vancouver, Canada, from March to May of that year. Several vendors provided visual effects for the film, ranging from the addition of blood and gore to the creation of the CG character Colossus.
Deadpool was released in the United States on February 12, 2016, after an unconventional marketing campaign. The film achieved both financial and critical success. It earned over $782 million against a $58 million budget, becoming the ninth-highest-grossing film of 2016 and breaking numerous records, including highest-grossing X-Men film and R-rated film (until it was surpassed by its sequel). Critics praised Reynolds’ performance, the film’s style and faithfulness to the comics, and its action sequences. Some detractors criticized the plot as formulaic as well as the sheer number of jokes in the film. It received many awards and nominations, including two Critics’ Choice Awards and two Golden Globe nominations. The sequel, Deadpool 2, was released on May 18, 2018.
Wade Wilson is a dishonorably discharged special forces operative working as a mercenary when he meets Vanessa, a prostitute. They become romantically involved, and a year later she accepts his marriage proposal. Wilson is diagnosed with terminal cancer, and leaves Vanessa without warning so she will not have to watch him die.
A mysterious recruiter approaches Wilson, offering an experimental cure for his cancer. He is taken to Ajax and Angel Dust, who inject him with a serum designed to awaken latent mutant genes. They subject Wilson to days of torture to induce stress and trigger any mutation he may have, without success. When Wilson discovers Ajax’s real name is Francis and mocks him for it, Ajax leaves Wilson in a hyperbaric chamber that periodically takes him to the verge of asphyxiation over a weekend. This finally activates a superhuman healing ability that cures the cancer but leaves Wilson severely disfigured with burn-like scars over his entire body. He escapes from the chamber and attacks Ajax but relents when told that his disfigurement can be cured. Ajax subdues Wilson and leaves him for dead in the now-burning laboratory.
Wilson survives and seeks out Vanessa. He does not reveal to her he is alive fearing her reaction to his new appearance. After consulting with his best friend Weasel, Wilson decides to hunt down Ajax for the cure. He becomes a masked vigilante, adopting the name “Deadpool” (from Weasel picking him in a dead pool), and moves into the home of an elderly blind woman named Al. He questions and murders many of Ajax’s men until one, the recruiter, reveals his whereabouts. Deadpool intercepts Ajax and a convoy of armed men on an expressway. He kills everyone but Ajax, and demands the cure from him but the X-Man Colossus and his trainee Negasonic Teenage Warhead interrupt him. Colossus wants Deadpool to mend his ways and join the X-Men. Taking advantage of this distraction, Ajax escapes. He goes to Weasel’s bar where he learns of Vanessa.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Logan movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, John Henry movie, X Factor UK 2019, Die Another Day movie, AGT judges, The World Is Not Enough movie, GoldenEye movie, The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug movie, Casino Royale movie, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie, The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers movie, X-Men Apocalypse movie. Deadpool (2016 movie). Deadpool (2016 movie) trailer starring Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein.