Spider-Man 2 is a 2004 American superhero film directed by Sam Raimi and written by Alvin Sargent from a story by Alfred Gough, Miles Millar and Michael Chabon. A sequel to the 2002 film Spider-Man, it is the second installment in the Spider-Man trilogy based on the fictional Marvel Comics character of the same name. Tobey Maguire stars as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, alongside Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Alfred Molina, Rosemary Harris, and Donna Murphy.
- Starring : Tobey Maguire / Kirsten Dunst
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Russian / Chinese
- Director : Sam Raimi
- Production : Columbia Pictures / Marvel Enterprises / Laura Ziskin Productions
- Distributor : Columbia Pictures / IMAX / Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) / Sony Pictures Home Entertainment / Buena Vista International / Cascade Film / Columbia TriStar Film Distributors International / Columbia TriStar Film / Columbia TriStar Films AB / Columbia TriStar Films / Columbia TriStar Films de Argentina / Columbia TriStar Nordisk Film Distributors / Columbia TriStar / Falcon / Prooptiki / United International Pictures (UIP) / Warner Bros. / Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment / Columbia TriStar Home Video / Fox Network / Kanal 12 / LK-TEL / MTV3 / Nelonen / RTL Entertainment / TV5 / Universal Pictures Finland
Spider-Man 2 movie
Spider-Man 2 release date
- June 30, 2004 : United Arab Emirates
- June 30, 2004 : Australia
- June 30, 2004 : Canada
- June 30, 2004 : Philippines
- June 30, 2004 : Singapore
- June 30, 2004 : USA
- July 7, 2004 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- July 7, 2004 : Sweden
- July 8, 2004 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- July 8, 2004 : Germany
- July 10, 2004 : Japan
- July 14, 2004 : Spain
- July 14, 2004 : France
- July 15, 2004 : Israel
- July 16, 2004 : UK
- July 16, 2004 : Ireland
- July 23, 2004 : India
- July 23, 2004 : USA (IMAX version)
- August 5, 2004 : Singapore (IMAX version)
- September 17, 2004 : Switzerland (Italian speaking region)
- April 17, 2007 : USA (extended version) (DVD premiere)
- May 2, 2007 : USA (Tribeca Film Festival)
- January 31, 2015 : Spain (Barcelona) (re-release)
Spider-Man 2 cast
- Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man / Peter Parker
- Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson
- James Franco as Harry Osborn
- Alfred Molina as Doc Ock / Dr. Otto Octavius
- Rosemary Harris as May Parker
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
- Donna Murphy as Rosalie Octavius
- Daniel Gillies as John Jameson
- Dylan Baker as Dr. Curt Connors
- Bill Nunn as Joseph ‘Robbie’ Robertson
- Vanessa Ferlito as Louise
- Aasif Mandvi as Mr. Aziz
- Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin / Norman Osborn
- Cliff Robertson as Ben Parker
- Ted Raimi as Hoffman
Set two years after the events of Spider-Man, the film finds Peter Parker struggling to manage both his personal life and his duties as Spider-Man, which affects his civilian life dramatically. Meanwhile, Dr. Otto Octavius becomes a diabolical villain after a failed experiment kills his wife and leaves him neurologically fused to mechanical tentacles. Spider-Man must stop him from successfully recreating the experiment, which threatens to blow up the city, while dealing with a subconscious desire to stop being Spider-Man that is stripping him of his powers.
Principal photography began in April 2003 in New York City and also took place in Los Angeles. Spider-Man 2 was released in both conventional and IMAX theaters on June 30, 2004 and grossed $783 million worldwide, becoming the third highest-grossing film of the year. It won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects and was also nominated for Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing; it also received five awards at the Saturn Awards, including Best Fantasy Film and Best Director for Raimi. It is considered as one of the most influential and best superhero films of all-time. Its success led to Spider-Man 3 (2007).
Two years after Norman Osborn’s death, Peter Parker, secretly the superhero Spider-Man, is estranged from both love interest Mary Jane Watson and best friend Harry Osborn, and discovers that his aunt May is facing eviction. He finds himself suffering temporary, but recurring losses of his powers, often in life-threatening situations.
Harry, now head of Oscorp’s genetic and scientific research division, is sponsoring a fusion power project by nuclear scientist Otto Octavius, who befriends and mentors Peter. While handling hazardous materials, Octavius wears a harness of powerful robotic tentacle arms with artificial intelligence. During a public demonstration that Peter and Harry attend, a power spike causes the fusion reactor to destabilize. Octavius refuses to shut down the reactor, which goes critical – killing his wife and burning the inhibitor chip blocking the arms from his nervous system. Peter, as Spider-Man, shuts the experiment down, destroying it in the process.
At a hospital, doctors prepare to surgically remove Octavius’ harness. Without the inhibitor chip, the arms have developed sentience and murder most of them. Upon regaining consciousness and seeing the carnage, Octavius escapes and takes refuge at a harbor. Becoming increasingly influenced by the arms’ AI, he decides to re-try his experiment. He robs a bank to fund a second experiment. Peter and May coincidentally are there, and Octavius takes May hostage. Peter rescues her, but Octavius flees with the stolen money. The Daily Bugle subsequently dubs the scientist Doctor Octopus.
Also, check these topics out: The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice movie, Spider-Man 3 movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, 2 Fast 2 Furious movie, The Fast and the Furious movie, Fast & Furious movie, Fast Five movie, You Season 2, Golden Globes nominations 2020, AGT judges, The Truth movie, X Factor UK 2019. Spider-Man 2 (2004 movie). Spider-Man 2 (2004 movie) trailer starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst.