Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi) is a 2017 American epic space-opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It is the second installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, following The Force Awakens (2015), and the eighth episode of the nine-part “Skywalker saga”. It was produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
The film’s ensemble cast includes Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Frank Oz in returning roles, with Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern and Benicio del Toro joining the cast. It features the first posthumous film performance by Fisher, who died in December 2016, and the film is dedicated to her memory.
- Starring : Mark Hamill / Carrie Fisher
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Rian Johnson
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Lucasfilm / Ram Bergman Productions / Formula Film / Truenorth Productions / Jucumari Films
- Distributor : 2i Film / B&H Film Distribution / Buena Vista International / Cinecolor Films / Cineforum / Falcon / Feelgood Entertainment / Forum Hungary / HeaFilm / NOS Audiovisuais / Press Play Pictures / Saturn Films / United International Pictures (UIP) / Walt Disney Company Nordic / Walt Disney Studios Japan / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Sony Pictures Releasing (WDSSPR) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Hotstar / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie
Star Wars: The Last Jedi release date
- December 9, 2017 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- December 12, 2017 : UK (London) (premiere)
- December 13, 2017 : United Arab Emirates (Dubai International Film Festival)
- December 13, 2017 : France
- December 13, 2017 : Israel
- December 13, 2017 : Philippines
- December 13, 2017 : Sweden
- December 14, 2017 : Australia
- December 14, 2017 : Germany
- December 14, 2017 : Spain
- December 14, 2017 : UK
- December 14, 2017 : Ireland
- December 14, 2017 : Singapore
- December 15, 2017 : Canada
- December 15, 2017 : India
- December 15, 2017 : Japan
- December 15, 2017 : USA
Star Wars: The Last Jedi cast
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker / Dobbu Scay
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Andy Serkis as Snoke
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico
- Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Holdo
- Benicio Del Toro as DJ
- Frank Oz as Yoda(voice)
The Last Jedi follows Rey as she receives Jedi training from Luke Skywalker, in hopes of turning the tide for the Resistance in the fight against Kylo Ren and the First Order, while General Leia Organa, Finn, and Poe Dameron attempt to escape a First Order attack on the dwindling Resistance fleet. The Last Jedi is part of a new trilogy of films announced after Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm in October 2012. It was produced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, and executive produced by The Force Awakens director J. J. Abrams. John Williams, composer for the previous episodic films, returned to compose the score. A number of scenes were filmed at Skellig Michael in Ireland during pre-production in September 2015, but principal photography began at Pinewood Studios in England in February 2016, and wrapped in July 2016. Post-production was finished in September 2017.
The Last Jedi had its world premiere at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on December 9, 2017, and was released in the United States on December 15, 2017. It grossed over $1.3 billion worldwide, becoming the highest-grossing film of 2017, the seventh-highest-ever grossing film in North America and the ninth-highest-grossing film of all time during its theatrical run. It is also the second-highest-grossing Star Wars film, and turned a net profit of over $417 million. The film received positive reviews, with praise for its ensemble cast, musical score, visual effects, action sequences and emotional weight. The film received four nominations at the 90th Academy Awards, including Best Original Score and Best Visual Effects, as well as two nominations at the 71st British Academy Film Awards. A sequel, titled The Rise of Skywalker, is scheduled for release on December 20, 2019.
The Star Wars sequel trilogy is the third and final trilogy of the main Star Wars franchise, an American space opera created by George Lucas. It is being produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The trilogy is to consist of episodes VII through IX, chronologically following the prequel trilogy (Episodes I–III; 1999–2005) and the original trilogy (Episodes IV–VI; 1977–1983). Lucas had planned a sequel trilogy as early as 1976, but had canceled it by 1981 and produced only the first six episodes. The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm in late 2012 and announced plans to produce the sequel films. It serves as the final act of the ‘Skywalker saga’.
The first installment, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, was released in December 2015. It was directed by J. J. Abrams who co-wrote the screenplay with Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and other cast members from the original trilogy returned to reprise their roles and co-star alongside Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, and Oscar Isaac. The second installment, The Last Jedi, was released in December 2017, with Rian Johnson as screenwriter and director, and most of the cast returning. The first two films have grossed a combined $3.4 billion worldwide. The third and final installment, The Rise of Skywalker, is being directed by Abrams, who co-wrote it with Chris Terrio. It is scheduled to be released on December 20, 2019.
The trilogy follows a 19-year-old orphan, Rey, and the plight of the Resistance against the First Order, which has risen from the fallen Galactic Empire. Rey learns the ways of the Force under Luke Skywalker, the last living Jedi, and confronts Kylo Ren, the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, nephew of Luke, and grandson of Anakin Skywalker, who has fallen to the Dark Side.
Also, check these topics out: Xbox Series X price, Dr. Stone Season 2, Harley Quinn Season 1 Episode 4, Jurassic World movie, The Sinner Season 3 Episode 1, AGT judges, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie, Treadstone Season 1 Episode 10, X Factor UK 2019, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Man of Steel movie, The Avengers movie, Almost Family Season 1 Episode 9. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017 movie). Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) trailer starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher | Movie.