Freaky Friday is a 2003 American fantasy comedy film directed by Mark Waters and written by Heather Hach and Leslie Dixon, based on Mary Rodgers’ 1972 novel of the same name. It stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan as a mother and daughter, whose bodies are switched by a mysterious and magical fortune cookie.
- Starring : Lindsay Lohan / Jamie Lee Curtis
- Genre : Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Music / Romance
- Country : United States
- Language : English / Mandarin
- Director : Mark Waters
- Production : Casual Friday Productions / Gunn Films / Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures / Buena Vista International Finland / Buena Vista International / Garsu Pasaulio Irasai / Gaumont Buena Vista International (GBVI) / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Buena Vista Home Video / CMT / Disney Channel / Disney+ / Freeform / Liv / Moviemax Family / Nelonen / Net5 / Oxygen Channel / Walt Disney Home Video
Freaky Friday movie
Freaky Friday release date
- August 4, 2003 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- August 6, 2003 : Canada
- August 6, 2003 : USA
- September 18, 2003 : Australia
- October 9, 2003 : Israel
- October 15, 2003 : Philippines (Manila)
- November 2, 2003 : UK (London Film Festival)
- November 12, 2003 : Philippines (Davao)
- December 5, 2003 : Spain
- December 10, 2003 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- December 11, 2003 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- December 11, 2003 : Germany
- December 13, 2003 : Sweden (Lucia Movie Night)
- December 19, 2003 : UK
- December 19, 2003 : Ireland
- December 19, 2003 : Sweden
- December 24, 2003 : France
- May 1, 2004 : Japan
Freaky Friday cast
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Tess Coleman
- Lindsay Lohan as Anna Coleman
- Mark Harmon as Ryan
- Harold Gould as Grandpa
- Chad Michael Murray as Jake
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Mr. Bates
- Christina Vidal as Maddie
- Ryan Malgarini as Harry Coleman
- Haley Hudson as Peg
- Rosalind Chao as Pei-Pei
- Lucille Soong as Pei-Pei’s Mom
- Willie Garson as Evan
- Dina Spybey-Waters as Dottie Robertson(as Dina Waters)
- Julie Gonzalo as Stacey Hinkhouse
- Christina Marie Walter as Same Shirt Girl
The film was released in theaters on August 6, 2003, by Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Pictures. It received positive reviews from film critics and it earned over $160 million worldwide on a $20 million budget. It was Disney’s third film adaptation of the novel, after the film Freaky Friday (1976), starring Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster, and the television film Freaky Friday (1995), starring Shelley Long and Gaby Hoffmann.
It was released on VHS and DVD on December 16, 2003, by Walt Disney Home Entertainment.
Anna Coleman (Lindsay Lohan) is an aspiring teenage musician who lives with her widowed therapist mother, Tess (Jamie Lee Curtis), and younger brother, Harry (Ryan Malgarini). Tess is about to marry her fiancé, Ryan Volvo, whom Anna has not entirely accepted.
At home, Anna’s brother is constantly playing tricks on her. At school, her English teacher, Mr. Bates, treats her unfairly, and she is feuding with Stacey, her former best friend-turned-nemesis. Anna has a crush on an older student, Jake, of whom her mother disapproves. Anna play guitar in a band, Pink Slip, which is scheduled to audition for a gig at the House of Blues, the same night as the wedding rehearsal. At a dinner at Pei-Pei’s Chinese restaurant, mother and daughter get into another argument, with both accusing the each other of not being able to walk in the other’s shoes. Pei-Pei’s mother interrupts ther arguing to give them fortune cookies. The next morning, they wake up in each other’s bodies.
“Anna” (Tess in her daughter’s body) has to go to school and begins to understand her daughter’s woes. She recognizes Mr. Bates as a high school classmate, who is picking on Anna because her mother once turned down his prom invitation, and threatens to report him to the school board unless he ceases his unfair treatment. Meanwhile, “Tess” (Anna in her mother’s body), after giving her new body a makeover, has difficulty handling the patients. At lunchtime, “Anna” and “Tess” return to the restaurant but Pei-Pei’s mother explains that only by showing selfless love for each other will the switch be reversed.
“Tess” attends Harry’s parent-teacher conference, where she reads a composition about how much he actually admires her. “Anna” attempts to make amends with Stacey, but Stacey frames her for cheating. Jake helps “Anna” finish the test, and she realizes she has misjudged him, but he loses his enamoration towards “Anna” after she sabotages Stacey’s test. Ryan surprises “Tess” with a talk show interview to discuss her latest psychology book. “Anna” and Jake watch the interview on television and while she is embarrassed, he is impressed. “Tess” bumps into Jake at a coffee shop, and they bond over their favorite music.
Also, check these topics out: The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Yellowstone Season 3 Episode 1, The Incredibles movie, National Treasure movie, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, A Million Little Things Season 2 Episode 10, AGT judges, Brother Bear movie, Vikings Season 6 Episode 6, Deputy Season 1 Episode 1, The Pacifier movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Princess Diaries 2 movie. Freaky Friday (2003 movie). Freaky Friday (2003 movie) trailer starring Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Lee Curtis.