Snow Dogs is a 2002 American adventure comedy film directed by Brian Levant and starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and James Coburn (in one of his final roles). The film was released in the United States on January 18, 2002 by Walt Disney Pictures. The film is inspired by the book Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod by Gary Paulsen.
- Starring : Cuba Gooding Jr. / James Coburn
- Genre : Adventure / Comedy / Family / Sport
- Country : Canada / United States
- Language : English
- Director : Brian Levant
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Kerner Entertainment Company / Galapagos Productions / Winterdance Productions Ltd.
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures Distribution / Buena Vista International / The Walt Disney Company / 5* / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Buena Vista Home Video / Moviemax Family / SBS6 / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Snow Dogs movie
Snow Dogs release date
- January 18, 2002 : USA
- April 18, 2002 : Philippines (Manila)
- April 19, 2002 : Spain
- May 29, 2002 : Philippines (Davao)
- May 31, 2002 : UK
- June 15, 2002 : Japan
- June 27, 2002 : Australia
- July 5, 2002 : Ireland
- October 17, 2002 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- October 17, 2002 : Germany
- October 23, 2002 : France
- October 25, 2002 : Sweden
Snow Dogs cast
- Cuba Gooding Jr. as Ted Brooks
- James Coburn as Thunder Jack
- Sisqó as Dr. Rupert Brooks(as Sisqo)
- Nichelle Nichols as Amelia
- M. Emmet Walsh as George
- Graham Greene as Peter Yellowbear
- Brian Doyle-Murray as Ernie
- Joanna Bacalso as Barb
- Jean Michel Paré as Olivier(as Jean-Michel Pare)
- Michael Bolton as Himself – Special Appearance
- Jason Pouliotte as Sneed Brother #1
- David Boyce as Sneed Brother #2
- Frank C. Turner as Neely
- Ron Small as Arthur
- Alison Matthews as TV Reporter
Dr. Theodore “Ted” Brooks is a dentist in Miami, Florida. Every city bus carries an advertisement for his dental practice “Hot Smile” with his picture. One day, Ted receives a letter from Alaska, naming him as the only heir of Lucy Watkins, a resident of the backwoods village of Tolketna. Ted’s mother Amelia reveals that he is adopted; Lucy was his biological mother.
Ted travels to Tolketna to claim his inheritance from Lucy: seven Siberian Huskies named Diesel, Mack, Sniff, Yodel, Scooper, Duchess and Demon, and a Border Collie named Nana. In Tolketna, he discovers his roots. Totally out of his element, Ted is confounded by blizzards, thin ice, foxes, skunks, grizzly bears, an intimidating, crusty old mountain man named James “Thunder Jack” Johnson, and the aggressive, defiant lead dog, Demon. All of this happens with the buzzing excitement of the Arctic Challenge Sled Dog Race, which is only two weeks away.
Ted tries to find out why he was given up for adoption, and who was his biological father. He meets bar owner Barb, a close friend of Lucy. Barb helps Ted to deal with the dogs and teaches him how to drive a sled, and falls in love with him. Ted has several encounters with Thunder Jack, who tries to buy the dogs, especially Demon.
Barb tells Ted that Thunder Jack is his biological father. Ted confronts Thunder Jack, who offers to tell the truth about Ted’s birth in exchange for the dogs; Ted agrees. Jack takes Brooks to a cave out in the woods. During an Arctic Challenge, he and Lucy were stranded in that cave, and it was there that Ted was conceived.
The next morning, when Thunder Jack woke up, Lucy was gone. He looked for her but never found her. Ted lends the dogs to Jack and returns to Miami. Thunder Jack adds Demon as lead dog of his team for the Arctic Challenge. Ernie has finished last in the last three Challenges, “winning” the “Arctic Flame” award as last “musher” to cross the finish line. The other mushers all camp at a checkpoint to wait out a bad storm, but Jack presses on. He is annoyed by the pretensions of defending champion Olivier, who is dining on crab legs in an elaborate tent.
In Miami, Ted recounts his experiences to his mother, who accidentally breaks a frame holding a picture of Lucy and Demon. This reveals a snapshot of Lucy and Jack with a baby. Ted is infuriated that Jack lied to him, and rushes back to Alaska. There he learns that Jack is lost on the trail, and the weather is too bad for searching.
Also, check these topics out: The Jungle Book 2 movie 2003, Lilo & Stitch movie, Finding Nemo movie, The Santa Clause 2 movie, Monsters Inc movie, Return to Never Land movie, Grace and Frankie Season 6, X-Men movies in order of release date, Doctor Who Season 12 Episode 2, AGT judges, Freaky Friday movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT Champions Duo Transcend blindfold, X Factor UK 2019. Snow Dogs (2002 movie). Snow Dogs (2002 movie) trailer starring Cuba Gooding Jr., James Coburn.