Furious 7 (also known as Furious Seven) is a 2015 American action film directed by James Wan and written by Chris Morgan. A sequel to 2013’s Fast & Furious 6, it is the seventh installment in the Fast & Furious franchise and stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Jordana Brewster, Djimon Hounsou, Kurt Russell and Jason Statham. Furious 7 follows Dominic Toretto (Diesel), Brian O’Conner (Walker) and the rest of their team, who have returned to the United States to live normal lives after securing amnesty for their past crimes in Fast & Furious 6, until Deckard Shaw (Statham), a rogue special forces assassin seeking to avenge his comatose younger brother, puts the team in danger once again.
- Starring : Paul Walker / Dwayne Johnson
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Thriller
- Country : United States / China / Japan / Canada / United Arab Emirates
- Language : English / Thai / Arabic / Spanish
- Director : James Wan
- Production : Universal Pictures / Media Rights Capital (MRC) / China Film Group Corporation (CFGC) / Original Film / One Race Films / Dentsu / Fuji Television Network / Québec Production Services Tax Credit / Colorado Office of Film, Television & Media / Abu Dhabi Film Commission
- Distributor : Universal Pictures / Universal Pictures International (UPI) / Andes Films / B&H Film Distribution / Blitz / CJ CGV Viet Nam / CinemArt / Columbia Pictures / Forum Film Bulgaria / Karantanija Cinemas / Ro Image 2000 / Toho-Towa / United International Pictures (UIP) / Westec Media Limited / Filmostrada / Home Box Office (HBO) / KVH Media Group / NBCUniversal Entertainment / National Broadcasting Company (NBC) / Netflix / SBP / Universal Home Entertainment / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) / Universal Pictures Home Entertainment / Veronica
Furious 7 movie
Furious 7 release date
- March 16, 2015 : USA (South by Southwest Film Festival)
- April 1, 2015 : Australia (Brisbane) (premiere)
- April 1, 2015 : Switzerland (French speaking region)
- April 1, 2015 : Germany
- April 1, 2015 : France
- April 1, 2015 : Sweden
- April 1, 2015 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- April 2, 2015 : United Arab Emirates
- April 2, 2015 : Australia
- April 2, 2015 : Spain
- April 2, 2015 : Israel
- April 2, 2015 : India
- April 2, 2015 : Singapore
- April 3, 2015 : Canada
- April 3, 2015 : UK
- April 3, 2015 : Ireland
- April 3, 2015 : USA
- April 4, 2015 : Philippines
- April 17, 2015 : Japan
- September 7, 2017 : France (Deauville Film Festival)
Furious 7 cast
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto
- Paul Walker as Brian O’Conner
- Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty
- Jordana Brewster as Mia
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman
- Ludacris as Tej(as Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges)
- Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs
- Lucas Black as Sean Boswell
- Kurt Russell as Mr. Nobody
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Ramsey
- Elsa Pataky as Elena
- Gal Gadot as Gisele
- John Brotherton as Sheppard
- Luke Evans as Owen Shaw
With the previous three installments set between 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), Furious 7 is the first installment in the franchise to take place after Tokyo Drift. The film also marks the final film appearance of Walker, who died in a single-vehicle crash on November 30, 2013 before the film was completed. Following Walker’s death, filming was delayed for script rewrites and his brothers, Caleb and Cody, were used as stand-ins to complete his remaining scenes. These script rewrites completed the story arcs for both Walker and Brewster’s characters, which were subsequently retired.
Plans for a seventh installment were first announced in February 2012 when Johnson stated that production on the film would begin after the completion of Fast & Furious 6. In April 2013, Wan, predominantly known for horror films, was announced to direct the film in place of Justin Lin, who left the franchise after directing the previous four installments. Casting began in the same month with the returns of Diesel and Walker and an initial release date was set. Principal photography began in Atlanta, Georgia, in September 2013, resumed in April 2014 and ended in July 2014, with other filming locations including Los Angeles, Colorado, Abu Dhabi and Tokyo.
Furious 7 premiered in Los Angeles on April 1, 2015 and was theatrically released in the United States on April 3, 2015, playing in 3D, IMAX 3D and 4DX internationally. Upon release, the film became a critical and blockbuster success, with praise being aimed at the film’s action sequences and its emotional tribute to Walker. The film grossed $397.6 million worldwide during its opening weekend, which is the tenth highest-grossing opening of all time. The film has grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of the franchise after just twelve days, the third highest-grossing film of 2015 and the ninth highest-grossing film of all time. A sequel, The Fate of the Furious, was released on April 14, 2017.
Fast & Furious (occasionally referred to as The Fast and the Furious) is an American media franchise centered on a series of action films that is largely concerned with illegal street racing, heists and spies. The franchise also includes short films, a television series, live shows, video games and theme park attractions. It is distributed by Universal Pictures.
The first film was released in 2001, which began the original trilogy of films focused on racing, and culminated in the standalone film The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006). The series then went under a soft reboot with Fast & Furious (2009), which transitioned the series toward heists and spying, and concluded with The Fate of the Furious (2017). Two more films are intended to conclude the series and are set to be released in 2020, and 2021, respectively.
Also, check these topics out: Harley Quinn Season 1 Episode 4, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 movie, Star Wars The Last Jedi movie, The Fate of the Furious movie, X Factor UK 2019, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, Man of Steel movie, AGT judges, The Avengers movie, Minions movie, The Sinner Season 3 Episode 1, X-Men movies in order of release date, Beauty and the Beast movie, Jurassic World movie. Furious 7 (2015 movie). Furious 7 (2015) trailer starring Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson | Movie.