X-Men: Days of Future Past is a 2014 superhero film directed and produced by Bryan Singer and written by Simon Kinberg from a story by Kinberg, Jane Goldman, and Matthew Vaughn. A British-American venture, the film is based on the fictional X-Men characters that appear in Marvel Comics, the seventh installment of the X-Men film series and a sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), X-Men: First Class (2011) and The Wolverine (2013).
It stars an ensemble cast, including Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Nicholas Hoult, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Peter Dinklage, Ian McKellen, and Patrick Stewart.The story, inspired by the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline “Days of Future Past” by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, focuses on two time periods, with Wolverine traveling back in time to 1973 to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.
- Starring : Hugh Jackman / James McAvoy
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Country : United States / United Kingdom / Canada
- Language : English / Vietnamese / French
- Director : Bryan Singer
- Production : Twentieth Century Fox / Marvel Entertainment / TSG Entertainment / Bad Hat Harry Productions / Donners’ Company / Ingenious Media / Down Productions
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox Argentina / 20th Century Fox / 20th Century Fox de Venezuela / Bandwidth Digital Releasing / Big Picture 2 Films / Filmcompagniet / Geo Films / Hispano Foxfilms S.A.E. / Huaxia Film Distribution / Imperial / Cinepix / InterCom / Odeon / Twentieth Century Fox C.I.S. / Twentieth Century Fox / Warner Bros. F.E. / Warner Bros. / Westec Media Limited / 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment / 2BE / Film1 / Hotstar / Italia 1 / KVH Media Group / Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment / Veronica
X-Men: Days of Future Past movie
X-Men: Days of Future Past release date
- May 10, 2014 : USA (New York City, New York) (premiere)
- May 12, 2014 : UK (London) (premiere)
- May 14, 2014 : Singapore (premiere)
- May 16, 2014 : Australia (Melbourne) (premiere)
- May 21, 2014 : France
- May 21, 2014 : Philippines
- May 22, 2014 : United Arab Emirates
- May 22, 2014 : Australia
- May 22, 2014 : Germany
- May 22, 2014 : UK
- May 22, 2014 : Ireland
- May 22, 2014 : Israel
- May 22, 2014 : Singapore
- May 23, 2014 : Canada
- May 23, 2014 : India
- May 23, 2014 : Sweden
- May 23, 2014 : USA
- May 27, 2014 : Japan (Tokyo) (premiere)
- May 30, 2014 : Japan
- June 5, 2014 : Spain
- July 14, 2015 : USA (DVD and Blu-Ray alternate version)
X-Men: Days of Future Past cast
- Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
- James McAvoy as Charles Xavier
- Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven / Mystique
- Halle Berry as Storm
- Nicholas Hoult as Hank / Beast
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde
- Peter Dinklage as Dr. Bolivar Trask
- Shawn Ashmore as Bobby / Iceman
- Omar Sy as Bishop
- Evan Peters as Peter / Quicksilver
- Josh Helman as Maj. Bill Stryker
- Daniel Cudmore as Colossus
- Bingbing Fan as Blink
Vaughn had directed X-Men: First Class and was set to return in Days of Future Past before leaving for Kingsman: The Secret Service and the 2015 version of Fantastic Four. Thus Singer, who had directed the first two X-Men films, made his return as a director, and brought along most of the crew from those productions. With a budget of $205 million principal photography began in Montreal, Quebec in April 2013 and concluded in August the same year, with additional filming and pick-ups taking place in November 2013 and February 2014. Twelve companies handled the visual effects.
X-Men: Days of Future Past premiered in New York City on May 10, 2014, and was theatrically released on May 23 by 20th Century Fox. It is the second-best reviewed film in the X-Men film series following Logan, drawing favorable notices for its story, visual effects, action scenes, acting, thematic elements, and Singer’s direction. During its theatrical run, the film earned over $747 million worldwide, making it the sixth highest-grossing film of 2014, as well as the second highest-grossing film in the series behind Deadpool. The film received an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects, making it the first X-Men film to be nominated for an Oscar. A sequel, titled X-Men: Apocalypse, was released on May 27, 2016.
In the year 2023 in a dystopian future, Sentinels have been programmed to identify and hunt down mutants and any humans who dared to help them. A small band of X-Men survivors consisting of Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Colossus, Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot are hiding out in Moscow, but are soon attacked by Sentinels and slaughtered. During the battle, Kitty Pryde sends Bishop’s consciousness back in time a few days before the attack to warn the others in order to ensure their survival.
The group later meets with Professor Charles Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, and Storm at a remote Chinese temple. Xavier explains the history of the Sentinels, which were designed by Bolivar Trask, a military scientist who was assassinated by Mystique as her first kill in 1973. Alarmed by Trask’s death, government forces had captured Mystique and used her shape-shifting DNA to advance Trask’s unfinished Sentinel program by giving them the ability to adapt to nearly every mutant power; it was this upgrade that made the Sentinels invincible and resulted in the apocalyptic future. Xavier and Magneto plan to use Pryde’s ability to send Xavier’s consciousness back to 1973 in order to prevent Trask’s assassination and the apocalyptic future, but because Xavier’s mind would not physically survive going back so many decades, Wolverine volunteers to go in his place because his regenerative powers would allow him to survive the process.
After awakening in his younger body in 1973, Wolverine arrives at the X-Mansion, which he discovers has been closed for years due to many of its staff and students being drafted into the Vietnam War. He also learns that Erik Lensherr was arrested for killing John F. Kennedy and that the young and despairing Xavier had turned to alcoholism, shunning his mutant powers with a specialized serum that suppresses his telepathic abilities in exchange for the ability to walk. Hoping to reunite with Mystique, Xavier agrees to help Wolverine and breaks Lensherr out of his prison cell under the Pentagon, aided by Hank McCoy and the newly-recruited Peter Maximoff.
Also, check these topics out: Deadpool movie, Logan movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, X-Men movies in order of release date, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie, The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers movie, X-Men Apocalypse movie, The World Is Not Enough movie, Casino Royale movie, Die Another Day movie, John Henry movie, AGT judges, The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug movie, X Factor UK 2019. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 movie). X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014 movie) trailer starring Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy.