Justice League is a 2017 American superhero film based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the follow-up to 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and the fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
The film was directed by Zack Snyder andwritten by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon. It features an ensemble cast that includes Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, and J. K. Simmons. In the film, Batman and Wonder Woman recruit The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg after Superman’s death to save the world from the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons.
- Starring : Ben Affleck / Henry Cavill
- Genre : Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Sci-Fi
- Country : United States / Canada / United Kingdom
- Language : English / Irish / Russian / Icelandic
- Director : Zack Snyder
- Production : Warner Bros. / RatPac Entertainment / DC Entertainment / Atlas Entertainment / Cruel & Unusual Films / Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC) / Lensbern Productions / Syncopy
- Distributor : 20th Century Fox / ACME / InterCom / Karo Premiere / Kinomania / NOS Audiovisuais / Tanweer Alliances / Warner Bros Pictures / Warner Bros. Entertainment Finland / Warner Bros. Entertainment / Warner Bros. F.E. / Warner Bros. Film / Warner Bros. Japan / Warner Bros. Pictures / Warner Bros. / Amazon Prime Video / HBO Max / KVH Media Group / Warner Bros. Home Entertainment / Warner Home Video
Justice League movie
Justice League release date
- November 13, 2017 : USA (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)
- November 14, 2017 : Spain (Madrid) (premiere)
- November 15, 2017 : France
- November 15, 2017 : UK (London)
- November 15, 2017 : Sweden
- November 16, 2017 : United Arab Emirates
- November 16, 2017 : Australia
- November 16, 2017 : Germany
- November 16, 2017 : Israel
- November 16, 2017 : Philippines
- November 16, 2017 : Singapore
- November 17, 2017 : Canada
- November 17, 2017 : Spain
- November 17, 2017 : UK
- November 17, 2017 : Ireland
- November 17, 2017 : India
- November 17, 2017 : USA
- November 23, 2017 : Japan
Justice League cast
- Ben Affleck as Batman / Bruce Wayne
- Henry Cavill as Superman / Clark Kent
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman / Diana Prince
- Ezra Miller as The Flash / Barry Allen
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman / Arthur Curry
- Ray Fisher as Cyborg / Victor Stone
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta
- J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon
- Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf(voice)
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Joe Morton as Silas Stone
- Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe
Plans for the film were announced in October 2014, with Snyder on board to direct and Terrio attached to write the script. It was initially titled Justice League Part One, with a second film (part two) intended to follow in 2019. But the second film was indefinitely delayed to accommodate the production of a standalone Batman film with Affleck. Principal photography took place from April to October 2016. After Snyder stepped down to deal with the death of his daughter, Joss Whedon was hired to oversee the remainder of post-production, including directing additional scenes written by himself. Snyder retained sole directorial credit, while Whedon received a screenwriting credit. Justice League premiered in Beijing on October 26, 2017, and was released in the United States in 2D, RealD 3D, and IMAX on November 17, 2017.
With an estimated production budget of $300 million, Justice League is one of the most expensive films ever made. The film grossed $657 million worldwide, against a break-even point of $750 million, becoming the highest-grossing film (as of 2019) to become a box office bomb: it lost the studio an estimated $60 million. The film received mixed reviews from critics. Although the action sequences and performances (particularly Gadot’s and Miller’s) were praised, the plot, writing, pacing, villain, and overuse of CGI were criticized. The film’s tone was met with a polarized reception, with some appreciating the lighter tone compared to previous DCEU films, and others finding it inconsistent.
Thousands of years ago, Steppenwolf and his legions of Parademons attempted to take over Earth with the combined energies of three Mother Boxes. They were foiled by a unified army that included the Olympian Gods, Amazons, Atlanteans, mankind, and a Green Lantern. After repelling Steppenwolf’s army, the Mother Boxes were separated and hidden in locations on the planet. In the present, mankind is in mourning over Superman for two years, whose death triggers the Mother Boxes to reactivate and Steppenwolf’s return to Earth. In an effort to regain favor with his master Darkseid, Steppenwolf aims to gather the boxes to form “The Unity”, which will destroy Earth’s ecology and terraform it in the image of Steppenwolf’s homeworld.
Steppenwolf retrieves the Mother Box from Themyscira, prompting Queen Hippolyta to warn her daughter Diana of Steppenwolf’s return. Diana joins Bruce Wayne in his attempt to unite other metahumans to their cause, with Wayne going after Arthur Curry and Barry Allen, while Diana tries to locate Victor Stone. Wayne fails to persuade Curry, but manages to recruit an enthusiastic Allen onto the team. Although Diana fails to convince Stone to join, he agrees to help them locate the threat if he discovers their location. Stone later joins the team after his father Silas and several other S.T.A.R. Labs employees are kidnapped by Steppenwolf seeking to acquire the Mother Box from mankind.
Steppenwolf attacks an Atlantean outpost to retrieve the next Mother Box, forcing Curry into action. The team receives intel from Commissioner James Gordon leading them to Steppenwolf’s army, based in an abandoned facility under Gotham Harbor. Although the group manages to rescue the kidnapped employees, the facility is flooded during combat, which traps the team until Curry helps delay the flood so they can escape. Stone retrieves the last Mother Box, which he had hidden, for the group to analyze. Stone reveals that his father used the Mother Box to rebuild Stone’s body after an accident almost cost him his life. Wayne decides to use the Mother Box to resurrect Superman, not only to help them fight off Steppenwolf’s invasion, but also to restore hope to mankind. Diana and Curry are hesitant about the idea, but Wayne forms a secret contingency plan in case Superman returns as hostile.
Also, check these topics out: AGT judges, The Truth movie, X Factor UK 2019, You Season 2, X-Men movies in order of release date, Golden Globes nominees 2020, Batman v Superman movie, Survivor Season 40 premiere, Elsewhere movie, Spider-Man 2 movie, Spider-Man 3 movie, Jurassic Park III movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, The Lost World Jurassic Park movie. Justice League (2017 movie). Justice League (2017 movie) trailer starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill.