The Game Plan is a 2007 American family comedy film directed by Andy Fickman and written by Nichole Millard, Kathryn Price and Audrey Wells and starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. It follows a professional quarterback who finds out he has an 8-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.
- Starring : Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson / Kyra Sedgwick
- Genre : Comedy / Family / Sport
- Country : United States
- Language : English
- Director : Andy Fickman
- Production : Walt Disney Pictures / Mayhem Pictures / Monkey Dance Productions
- Distributor : Buena Vista Pictures / Audio Visual Entertainment / Buena Vista International / Buena Vista Pictures Distribution / Columbia Pictures / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures / ABC Family / American Broadcasting Company (ABC) / Bravo! / Buena Vista Home Entertainment / Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) / Disney Channel / Disney XD / Freeform / Moviemax Family / TNT / The CW Network (The CW) / Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) / USA Network / Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment / truTV
The Game Plan movie
The Game Plan release date
- September 23, 2007 : USA (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
- September 28, 2007 : Canada
- September 28, 2007 : USA
- November 1, 2007 : Australia
- November 1, 2007 : Singapore
- November 7, 2007 : Philippines
- March 7, 2008 : UK
- March 7, 2008 : Ireland
- March 27, 2008 : Germany
- March 28, 2008 : Spain
- April 9, 2008 : France
- April 30, 2008 : Switzerland (German speaking region)
- June 13, 2008 : Sweden
- October 22, 2008 : Japan (DVD premiere)
The Game Plan cast
- Dwayne Johnson as Joe Kingman(as Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson)
- Madison Pettis as Peyton Kelly
- Kyra Sedgwick as Stella Peck
- Roselyn Sanchez as Monique Vasquez
- Morris Chestnut as Travis Sanders
- Hayes MacArthur as Kyle Cooper
- Brian White as Jamal Webber
- Jamal Duff as Clarence Monroe
- Paige Turco as Karen Kelly
- Tubbs as Spike
- Gordon Clapp as Coach Mark Maddox
- Kate Nauta as Tatianna
- Robert Torti as Samuel Blake, Jr.
- Jackie Flynn as Larry the Doorman
- Lauren Storm as Nanny Cindy
It was the last film to be distributed by Buena Vista Pictures, after Disney retired the Buena Vista moniker across their company’s divisions in the same year. It is also the final film where Johnson is credited with his ring name. The Game Plan was released in the United States on September 28, 2007.
In the last game of the American Football Federation regular season between the Boston Rebels and the New York Dukes, Rebels quarterback Joe Kingman (Dwayne Johnson) scores a touchdown after ignoring an open wide receiver, Travis Sanders. The next morning, an 8-year-old girl named Peyton Kelly (Madison Pettis) arrives on Joe’s doorstep saying that she is his biological daughter, and that his divorced wife sent her there to meet him. His agent, Stella Peck, thinks this will be bad for his image and distracts him with the upcoming playoffs.
At the opening of his own restaurant, Joe inadvertently leaves without Peyton, and is on the cover of a tabloid the next day. Stella decides Joe needs a new fatherly image. At a later press conference, the reporters make Joe miserable, until Peyton comes to his defense, saying that he is new to this and trying the best he can, and that she thinks he is the best father in the world. Peyton then says that Joe has to repay her, so she has him take her to a ballet academy run by Monique Vasquez (Roselyn Sánchez). Monique has Joe join their ballet performance to show him that ballet takes just as much athletic ability as football. Joe and Peyton begin their relationship after Peyton calls his arrogant and selfish behavior to his attention. Joe takes Peyton and her new friends to the mall where he begins to develop romantic feelings for Monique.
The Rebels march through the playoffs via three road games: Denver in the Wild Card round, Indianapolis in the Divisional round and finally Baltimore in the Conference round. They eventually make it to the championship game held in Arizona in a rematch with the New York Dukes. Stella offers Joe a $25 million endorsement deal with Fanny’s Burgers, a successful fast food restaurant run by Samuel Blake, Jr., if he wins the game and mentions the product to the press. While at lunch with Joe and Monique, Peyton accidentally reveals that her mother does not know that she is with him. She was supposed to go to a ballet school program for the month, but instead she ran away to be with Joe. Peyton then has an allergic reaction to the nuts in the dessert she was eating, and Joe rushes her to the hospital; however, the doctors tell him that the reaction is mild, and his daughter is going to be fine.
Joe’s former sister-in-law and Peyton’s legal guardian, Karen Kelly, arrives to take her home. Joe discovers that Sara, his ex-wife and Peyton’s mother, was killed in a traffic collision six months earlier, and that Peyton sneaked away on her own. After Peyton overhears Stella explaining that she would be a distraction to Joe, Karen and Peyton return home. Later, while going through Peyton’s bag under her bed, Joe finds some photos and reads a letter from Sara, saying that she hid Peyton away from Joe, not wanting Peyton to be a distraction to him. As the championship game begins, Joe’s mind is not fully set on the game and he is soon injured.
Also, check these topics out: Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie, Old Dogs movie, WALL-E movie, X Factor UK 2019, Enchanted movie, National Treasure Book of Secrets movie, The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian movie, The Voice Katie Kadan Rolling in the Deep, AGT judges, A Christmas Carol movie, The Muppets movie, Bolt movie, X-Men movies in order of release date, High School Musical 3 Senior Year movie. The Game Plan (2007 movie). The Game Plan (2007 movie) trailer starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Kyra Sedgwick.